As per research, 50% of the global population are using social media, which amounts over 3.8 billion users in 2020, and 54% of people use these social platforms to get information about the brand they intend to buy. That’s why promoting your brand or business on social media becomes a necessity to survive in this digitized era.
Now, it’s become the most challenging job for every marketer to enhance your brand’s visibility on social media and strengthen your online presence.
So, here we have concluded some social media optimization tips that provide ease to marketers in formulating social media strategy, which ultimately gains a higher ranking of your business on various social platforms.
7 Social Media Optimization Tips for Business
#1 Create a Perfect Plan
Planning gives you an overview of your further working process. Nothing can be successful without having perfect planning. Similarly, when you start optimizing your social media profiles, you need to plan the method, path, and obstacles that come in the way of achieving your goal.
How to create a perfect plan for social media optimization?
- Select Your Social Media Platform
- Fill all Required Information.
- Identify Your Audience.
- Pick up Your Voice and Tone.
- Formulate your Posting Strategy.
#2 Make and Optimize Your Social Media Profiles
If you want to connect with your customers or enhance your online reputation, social media profiles play an important role. As it is the first look of your business in front of the customer. You must provide serious attention to make your profile more attractive and striking.
What are the elements you need to optimize while creating an appealing social media profile:
- Be authentic with your display name.
- Carefully choose your username and optimize your URL
- Make an Impressive Profile Pic or Add your brand’s logo.
- Optimize your bio by adding your targeted keyword.
#3 Identify Potential Keywords
Words or phrases searched by the user are known as keywords. Just like SEO, you need to identify keywords for social media also. Keywords play a prominent role in maximizing your exposure on social media and make you recognized by robots.
Identify the most potential keywords with higher engagement then structure, curate and target them into your social media profiles in a non-spammy and natural way. These effective keywords targeting help you to rank high in SERP and also within social media searches.
What are the points to remember while conducting keyword research?
- Search for long-tail keywords.
- Include sale-oriented keywords that people use when they intend to buy something.
- Target descriptive keywords that answer the searcher’s queries, such as how to do SMO.
#4 Design Engaging Content
Social media content refers to the images, quotes, videos, and stories that you want to share on your profile. Create the most compelling and engaging content capable of grabbing users’ attention and earn new followers.
How to design engaging content for social media marketing?
- Show your message rather than texting.
- Use all relevant keywords with Hashtag.
- Generate original content.
- Design graphics of your evergreen content.
- Share customers’ feedback and testimonials.
- Host contest or run a poll.
#5 Schedule Your Posts
Post timing and quantity have a significant effect on the success of social media campaigns. The optimal time of posting your content varies from different persons and groups; you must schedule your post when your target audiences are active.
Apart from the timing of the post, you must be careful about the frequency of the post. Control the number of posts in a day, don’t overwhelm your followers with your frequent posts.
What is the best time and quantity to post on social media?
- Facebook: 12 pm EST on Monday to Wednesday with 3-10 posts per week
- Twitter: 12 pm to 1 pm on Monday to Wednesday with 5+ posts per day
- Instagram: 9 am to 11 am on Wednesday to Friday with a maximum of 3 posts in a day.
#6 Integrate Social Media into Your Website
Now, you need to blend your social media profiles and your webpage to promote your brand and boost your online presence. It encourages your visitors to connect with you on various platforms and generates a sense of versatility.
Leverage the benefits of linking social media and website by following these steps:
- Add a social sharing button on your website.
- Put your website link on your social media profiles.
- Let your users sign-up or log in to your website by their social media accounts.
#7 Frequently Evaluate Your Performance
Not only creating an engaging post leads you to achieve social media goals but you must measure your performance frequently. Identify which content performs better and reserve it for further reposting and track your poor-performance content that needs improvisation to increase its reach.
What are the metrics you should measure?
- Engagement rate includes likes, comments, shares, retweets, etc.
- Reach Analysis such as impression, clicks, and conversion.
- Identify followers’ growth.
- Access response rate, loyalty, and sentiments.
In Final Words
Optimizing social media can be considered an asset you invest in to improve your website’s organic results. Just follow these steps mentioned above and squeeze the most out of your social media optimization.