Social media is an interactive platform comprising various applications and websites that facilitate the sharing and also creation of information, expressions, ideas, and interests.
When it comes to the words Social Media, social revolves around a user and the connections originating from a user. The human interaction with minimalistic efforts that forms a part of this process makes it a very popular means of interaction. Social Media has gained a lot of traction in recent years. The number of social media users globally grew from 4.2 billion in January 2021 to 4.62 billion in January 2022. This accounts for a 10.1% growth in global social media usage.
Digit Cure offers clients a holistic marketing approach to help take their business to the next level. If you need to strengthen your social media presence and be at the top of the game, choose Digitcure. We pride ourselves in having a team of experienced and dedicated staff who are all at the top of their field and integrate their years of experience and knowledge to provide our clients the most creative and performance driven solutions.
How Social Media Optimization in Digital Marketing can help grow your brand
Social Media Optimization or SMO is the deliberate creation and development of the marketing plan and also the content in a way that maximises reach and communicates with the target demographic thereby fulfilling the marketing objective. Hence it means that brands need to monitor, assess and alter their plans and content so as to make sure that they are following the social media best practices.
The following are some of the best SMO practices that we at Digit Cure – a Digital Marketing Agency believe can be followed by brands:
- Content Marketing is the King!
Content strategy is basically focusing on your content marketing which means creating content in such a way that the emotions of the consumers of the content are kept in mind by thinking outside the box. Most often brands that use content with a personal touch for the consumers get quality responses and interactions from the consumers.
2. Connecting with influencers
Influencers have gained major importance in Social Media Marketing because users on these platforms look up to them for inspiration and content hence usually are influenced greatly by the influencers. Influencers have increased traffic and followers by nearly 90%. Brands can build relationships with influencers which in turn would boost the visibility of the brand.
3. Joining the right social media platform
There are certain social media platforms that would do well for a brand but these same platforms might not do well for another brand. It is important for brands to analyze their target audience and the products they are selling so that they know which platform would do well for them.
4. Optimize the brands’ profile
The main way brands can go about acquiring more views and shares is by making the content more appealing and more interactive. Brands need to keep in mind color schemes and placements of information to garner interactions from the consumers.
Social Media effects on Businesses and Brand Awareness
Businesses and brands, in general, can gain many benefits from having a social media presence, the following are the benefits that a brand could get from using social media:
- Increases brand awareness as more than half of the world’s population uses social media like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter hence it makes a good place to reach high targetable potential customers
- Humanises a brand as it has the ability to create human connections. A brand can introduce its prospective customers to the existing ones so that they can know how the existing customers are using the products.
- Establishes the brand as a thought leader where the brand and company through social media become the go-to source for information on topics related to the brand’s niche.
- Social media helps users to stay on top of the minds of the consumers by posting regularly.
- Social Media can help brands increase website traffic if they create good content and post it regularly on their blogs or websites for their users to interact with.
- The emergence of social media gives rise to newer ways for customers to express their interests in the brand’s products. Lead generation becomes easier, it may be running ads Or just consumers interacting with the brand it’s all just a click away.
- Businesses can now boost sales through social media and get in touch with new clientele and gain a wider reach. Since there is a growing user base for social media, in most cases there is a potential growing customer base for the brand as well.
- Partnering with influencers on Social media helps brands reach a wider audience. People generally look up to the influencers and are widely influenced by their decisions or lifestyle.
- Brands can promote content and get it in front of new audiences because of the emergence of social media marketing.
- As brands start thinking outside the box, use social media optimization content and make it interesting and also engaging, they get an opportunity to go viral as a result of user interaction on social media.
- Brands can source content and ideas from their followers, this would make their followers feel involved, and this enables the brand to understand the needs of the customers more clearly and cater to them accordingly.
- Social media helps brands to a great extent with reputation management. The social domain gets people talking about products. Hence if brands use social media to tell their side of the story and what they have to say in a professional way it helps them to create a good reputation for themselves.
- Customer and audience engagement is another advantage of using social media. It is said that an involved customer is a happy customer. When customers feel like they are a part of the brand, they take higher levels of initiatives in it.
- Customer service and customer support form an integral part of social media marketing. Brands can now give customers prompt service or at least address customer issues more quickly.
- Social media helps brands to learn more about their customers by generating a huge amount of data about the customers in real-time
- Social media helps businesses gauge the sentiment around their brand. It’s always good to have a lot of mentions on social media but if the sentiments are negative then the brands need to address the issues quickly.
- Brands usually use social media to keep an eye on the competition and see what the competitor is doing. Competition set analysis and checking the reviews of what the competition is doing becomes easier.
- Social media helps brands get prompt information and this, in turn, helps them to stay on top of industry news. A well-informed brand is said to be a good brand in the eyes of the customers
- With social media in the picture, targeted advertising becomes a go-to move for brands as they can select their targeted audience more effectively.
- The prime potential customer base for retargeting are the users with abandoned carts since nearly 70% of online shopping carts end up being abandoned. If brands can reach out to these audiences and convert them, there will be more revenue generation.
- Social media has many tracking and analytics tools wherein a brand can see the full impact of its social media activities. Right from the initial follow stage till the final conversion stage.
In the next part of the blog, we will explain more about Social Media Strategies that enhance the growth of a brand. Stay tuned.